Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moo

After checking into the hotel, I had an hour or so of daylight to see the Moo centre.


The ground floor has many food and gift stores, all looking very tempting. I got a nice Danish pastry at a reduced price since it was near closing time. Also an icecream cone from a vending machine.


Kushiro doesn't have a reputation as a tourist destination, but it looks like Moo is an attempt to make it more attractive. The riverside location is actually quite attractive.


These restaurants were getting ready to serve the evening's customers.


There was some kind of do happening in the indoor gardens attached to Moo. Young people were coming wearing fantasy costumes and sporting garish wigs, usually blonde. From the anime designs painted on the cars parked outside I would hazard a guess that it was a fan event.


The lamp posts on the bridge make Kushiro look almost like a European city.


And that was my entertainment for the evening. I retired to my room to catch up with email and the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment