Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things I liked about HK

I liked that the shirts and jeans I bought fitted me well. This is important. You will have to live with those clothes for a couple of years at least. It must be that they are made to fit Asian bodies. And they were cheap too.


I liked that the airport is so convenient to the city. It takes only 22 minutes by express train. And you can check in your luggage in the city terminal, saving you having to carry it yourself to the airport.


The Chinese food is of course good. Other cuisines I can only give it a pass, at least for the restaurants in my price class.


There are good CD and DVD shops where you can get some rare releases.


You can grab a computer gadget or two by making a visit to Sham Shui Po.


On the negative side, HK is cramped, but what do you expect? Anyway for a day or two, it's tolerable.


I'll have to seriously consider making HK a stopover on the way back from Europe for a shopping raid. One could arrive early on day one from Europe, leave the luggage at the hotel, go for yum cha and then shopping. Spend the evening relaxing. In the morning, have a leisurely breakfast, check in the luggage at the city terminal, then go for lunch, maybe even yum cha again, then finish the shopping and leave for the airport in the evening. There's a plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment