Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shopping patter

It is sooo embarrassing shopping in Japan when you don't understand the language; they are so polite. I got greeted when I entered a store, I got talked to when making a purchase, and I got farewelled on leaving the store.


The patter was too rapid-fire but I think I have finally worked out what they are saying. It goes something like this:


Welcome to our lowly store oh esteemed customer today this item is 410 yen I am receiving a 1000 yen note from you which gives 590 yen change here is your purchase here is your change and here is your precious docket thank you so much for shopping in our humble store goodbye and please have a wonderful life forever and ever.


If there was a pause, it would be probably be: Would you like this bento box microwaved, or Do you have a loyalty card?


See, shopping in Japan isn't hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment